Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Who needs apples?!


Off we went, on the coldest day of the fall, in quest for an apple picking experience extraordinaire. Well we got the extraordinaire part but alas no apples. Too late in the season, over picked, whatever the reason, we missed out; not on the carnival like atmosphere though. There was a petting zoo, bouncy things, cow tractor pull and even a corn maze. The kids had a blast, the rest of us were chilly. Ben, Dash, and Georgia mostly stayed in the stroller, but during lunch got to experience a sand pit made with corn kernels instead of sand. Dad and Uncle Jim were on operation "keep corn out of babies mouths" while Aunt Sharon and myself were on put apple donuts in ours duty -oh the sacrifices!




1 comment:

Sharon said...

Those apple donuts were delicious! It was a really fun day.

I had no idea I looked like some kind of 20th century literary character all day. I'm glad I finally bought a maternity coat after that! (Though I can barely zip that now!)