Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Violet's 5th Birthday

Oh my, can I be cliche - where does the time go? My first baby is turning into a little girl. Along with that comes little girl desires, and an American Girl was at the top of her list (damn you catalogs). So I took her to have dinner with the dolls and Tu-Tu generously bought one for her to take home. Just to digress a minute, this is one beautiful doll! As a once doll loving girl myself, I would have loved to have one of these. Everyone enjoyed themselves and Violet was delighted to have dinner with family, and the dolls of course.








We came home after to a birthday cake made by dad, who missed the fun to stay home with the babies.

Violet still seems like the child she was at 2; independent, strong willed and happy. What is so delightful now, the back and forth conversations we can enjoy with her. You know "real conversation". She is just a little charmer. She also likes having very involved discussions with all of her dolls. She often stays up late after Jack has fallen asleep, we are downstairs, I love hearing her up there chattering away to them.

She loves being a big sister and is increasing playing more meaningfully with Georgia, Ben and Dashiell. Of course, she and Jack get along like gangbusters - until they are not! It is my fondest wish that these guys grow up with an unbreakable bond - more than blood - but a shared childhood of wonderful memories (and I am sure some hard ones too, but hopefully not too many).

No comments: