Friday, November 13, 2009

All Hail the...Nuk fairy

Violet in her never ending quest to grow up has made several exciting changes in the last few months - all on her own accord. First, right after the babies came home in July, she ditched her night time pull-up. Ron was enthusiastic, but I was quite skeptical. However, she was not to be deterred. I am happy to report that I have been proven wrong. So now we only have 4 kids in some sort of diaper! Jack soon to follow suit (at least during the day) post haste.

Next, and the most exciting one of all, Violet has finally said goodbye to the nuk!! This is something we have been talking about for almost an entire year. I know that this has gone on far too long, but I could not bare taking it away from her. With so much change; in the form of three new tiny humans; this issue has been on the back burner. Getting a little desperate (I know they say no one goes to college with a nuk, but I was starting to wonder) we decided on an old parent standby - bribery. In comes the "nuk fairy". Violet was to place the nuks under her pillow to receive a little present. Lots of excitement, lots of tries, but at the end of the day always "no thanks I think I will keep the nuk". So this past weekend, my sister and parents were in town and Ron and I got to go out (yay). Violet, true to her independent nature, took the opportunity of mom and dad being gone to give it up - much to my sister and parents' surprise. And to our shock when we got home late with no present to put under her pillow from the nuk fairy. So, next night take two. This time the nuk fairy delivered and we have been nuk free for almost a week! Note to self, do not let new babies get sooo attached to nuk.

1 comment:

Sarah Ma said...

Congratulations Violet. That is SO hard!! You'll have to help Zadie when the time comes.