Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back with a (Blogging) Vengeance

Violet and Jack continue to be each other's best bud. It is amazing to me the breadth of Jack's vocabulary at 20 months. I guess that is the benefit (side-effect) of being a younger sibling. He is acquiring new words daily and can usually parrot back unfamiliar words. He is also doing his best to keep up with Violet in the physical sense. Matching her daring in almost everyway. We are taking a park district gymnastics class (thanks Grampy) that not only teaches the basics but includes time on the balance beam and bars, etc. This for Violet is heaven thanks to her summer viewing of the Olympics; aka China. Both kids really enjoy this hour and are seemingly fearless. I have to be extra careful with two daredevils. I will be with one of them on the (high up) balance beam trying to makes sure they don't crack their skull, when I glance across the huge gym only to see the other attempting the rings by themselves. You would think staying close to V would be the safest bet but Jack is usually the perpetrator of the most dangerous stuff. At the end of the hour it is me who feels like a nap! Speaking of naps, both kids are currently off the nap. Jack never really took to the whole nap concept. I kept thinking as he got older it would just resolve. Violet at this age could be counted on a definite 3 hour nap. Jack just won't do it. I have tried everything I can thing of so I now embrace the no nap... at least I don't want to tear my hair out at the end of the day. Violet still would take a little nap on most days, but I try to prevent that or she does not want to go to bed until 10pm!

Posted by Picasa




2 comments:

TUTU said...

Great balancing skills, but you are still her security...you are always there to catch!

Miss Payne said...

Wow, such adventurous kids! I can't believe how well Jack could hold himself on the rings!