Saturday, July 26, 2008

So this is Lincoln Park, huh!?!




We finally made it to Adams Park. Our friends the Long's (who are now in Singapore) clued us into this park last year, but we never made it. In a moment of enthusiasm, I decided to load up and take the bus over there. The Ma's were game to join us and I am so glad we checked it out. It is I think the best park we have been to in the city! The kids spent 5, yes 5 hours there - So much to do. Not only an amazing little splash pool with a slide, but the big hit, a sandbox. For those of you who don't love the sandbox, let me extol its virtues. An enclosed space that nobody tries to escape from. Literally hours of strife free playing. The kids are so engrossed I actually had conversations with other moms. The park itself is really clean (not a shard a glass to be spied) and tons of toys in the sandbox kept me from having to schlep ours there. I walked home so the kids could squeeze a nap in and Ron actually beat us home! What a perfect day.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

TUTU said...

Finally...a virtually uninterrupted ADULT conversation with other moms. Good going! The kids look wonderful, but growing too fast!

kristen said...

Okay, you walked me into it...sandbox and all! Let's take the kids back there when I return from CO and we'll see if AJ decides to play instead of eat.

kristen said...

I mean you TALKED me into it! I don't know how to delete or edit my comment...