Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oh my God, they are taking over

This morning after Violet crawled into bed with us around 6am we all settled back into an uneasy sleep. Shortly after 7, I was awoken to hear Violet creaking open the door to Jack's room. Too late to do anything, I was resigned to having Jack be up (he typically is still sleeping at 8:30 let alone 7). Since they seemed be playing nicely I might have closed my eyes for a second more. A few minutes later (2, 5, 10...anyone's guess) we heard giggling and the sound of Violet's voice getting closer. Then Jack's!?! How could this be. Don't ask. I have no idea - no crash was heard and definitely no crying. So how did Jack get out of the crib? It is a mystery. Violet was enigmatic about it and Jack well, he's not talking.

Is this our future - the kids banding together to problem solve? I think we are in for a crazy few years (decades). I guess we will start with seeing what tomorrow brings.

No comments: